Old 04-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #1
jluck
Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough
Default A tough life decision......

I don't usually like to talk personal fiance issues on a forum as it almost always makes the OP look arrogant IMO, I really don't want to give that impression but I have had a very hard time for a long time figuring out what I should do and would like some sage advice on what you would do in a same or similar position......

I have a truly unique property and have had it for over ten years, we had a brand new house built on 33 acres with a pond, creeks, waterfalls, pasture land, big shop etc...I love the place.
Like many people I also have a bigger mortgage than I care too. I do have a decent amount of equity even in this crappy housing market. I have always wanted to retire at a early age and have done ok at prepping to do so but with the cost of living here I don't foresee a early retirement.
The offer presented itself recently to purchase my folks home for a fair price.It's old (1957), small (1300 sqft) and is on two decent acres. I could easily sell my home and purchase my folks place free and clear.
That would allow me to invest in my 401 and Roth very aggressively.
I am still young (32) but have had the vision of retiring as early as possible since I first started working.

What would YOU do is this circumstance?
jluck is offline   Reply With Quote