View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 08:05 AM   #23
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Re: tatuajeanarchy.com

Yes, he is a marketing machine but if the cigars didn't back up the hype in most cases the ploy would only work once maybe twice and he would quickly fade away. More often than not people really enjoy the cigars so the buildup and hype will work every time until he starts failing on putting out a product that people enjoy and backup the hype. I just wish he would make his price points a little more reasonable but at the end of the day lets face it, his job is producing and selling cigars. He does it to make a living and to make money so if what he is doing sells more product than he is good at what he is doing and making a good living because of it. Wouldn't we all like to make more money? Hell, most cigars could use a reduction in price but cigars are a luxury item and like most luxury items the prices aren't always reasonable. My only other real complaint other than price point is the delicacy of a lot of these special release cigars wrappers. For example the Verocu series. Those wrapper will pop and burst sometimes just looking at them funny but they're a great smoke and I made sure to stock up on them when I could. Until his product starts to fail to satisfy the masses I would expect to get used to Tatuaje to be around a while. Yes, trying to track down some of these smokes suck and the inflated prices from having to track down these smokes sucks too but no one is forcing you or I to go out an do it. I do find it funny how so many people hate Pete for his marketing tactics but Fuente who does the same thing every year with Opus and Anejos flies under the radar. Maybe it's because everyone is so used to it by now.