View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all
Default Re: Beers for the Non-Hopwhore

Tis the season, so I would point you in the Oktoberfest direction. A maltier lager that you might enjoy: Paulaner and Spaten are German brewed, and relatively easy to find (not sure where you are...) this time of year. For an American version, I really like Harpoon's Oktoberfest.

In the British ale category, I prefer Fuller's to Bass. I particularly like Fuller's ESB--one of the best beers I've ever had, and I've had quite a few. Sticking with American Ales, you might want to sample Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale or Harvest Ale--more balanced and fruity than their IPAs, might be a better fit for your prefered taste profile. A few East Coast breweries make awesome Brown Ales: Dogfish Head and Legends (right here in Richmond,) are two of the best in my book.

The one American brewery that probably makes the best beer to fit your profile would be Brooklyn Brewery. I'd suggest sampling a few of their different offerings.

Good luck!

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote