View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #1621
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Photography Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
That's a sweet lens!!! But be reallllllly careful with that depth of field! I've got a 35mm 1.4L and you'd be amazed how quick it goes out of focus! ESPECIALLY with people. It's almost impossible to take a picture of two people in the same frame. Even one person is difficult, the nose might be pin sharp and the eyes blurry as vaseline. Not saying it can't be done... and when it comes out right, its a great photo! just, be aware that pics that look good in the camera often are A LOT blurrier than you realized once you get back and look on the computer.
Luckily I tried it out on some ornaments on the tree, and you are right, at 1.2 the same ornament is tack sharp where I focused and the side is blurry as could be. When set at 2.8, they came out beautiful. We'll definitely keep an eye on it when snapping shots of people. It sure is fun to play around with though!