Old 09-16-2014, 08:11 PM   #10
ColdCuts
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dave
Trading: (10)
HUpmann
ColdCuts will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Wife asks, 'Why don't you open a cigar shop?'

Thanks, Michael. Looks like a decent shop. I would want to do without the hookahs though. Funny, on the website it says they're hiring. "How would you like to join our Team? Full Time and Part Time Opportunities Available."

You know, I just did a close read of Starting a brick and mortar. There's quite a bit of valuable info on there. Maybe I shouldn't have started this new thread. Perhaps I just got a little excited when my wife suggested I open a cigar bar--her actual words were cigar "bar" not cigar "shop". I guess I was thinking it'd be good to get out from behind the bar, so I began thinking of leaving liquor out of the equation. But I digress. I've spent a good part of a day off reading various threads on the topic and the FDA and I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed. Starting a tobacco-orientated business now seems the riskiest startup of all, especially in a state that is no friend to tobacco like New York.

Perhaps I should tell my wife that instead of me opening a cigar shop/bar whatever in Brooklyn, let's move to Hanover, Maryland. The Tobacco Leaf at Arundel Mills Mall is hiring. Full Time and Part Time Opportunities Available.