Thread: The Wine Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 09:32 AM   #428
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The Wine Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiddick View Post
Moses,

If by "terroir" you mean filthy wineries, then sure, its "terroir".

And how do you control how "little" brett there is? Inquiring minds want to know. You sound like you are a Parker faithful... Repeating same old Parker myths in same exact ways and sentences.
I am not a Parker faithful. I fret reading any of his vintage port reviews and he hasn't even been to the Douro. How can the biggest wine critic not visit the most grand and majestic wine region in the world? The Douro could be one of the wonders of the world.

Take a look at Niepoort. They are among the elite in port houses, yet their lodge in Gaia is so mold riddled, I couldn't stay in the cellar for 20 minutes without sneezing. If their cellar was home, it would be condemned.

Brett is perception. If you taste it, it's there, if it's really strong, then it's strong. If you drink a wine and only taste a little; maybe it's pop and pour, maybe it's cooler temp??? I don't know. Just like TCA or bottle aging; it varies person to person.