View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 07:16 AM   #14
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just got an Otterbox for the iPad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
I bought the gf the otter box case for the i4 and I know it has saved the phone a few times; she finally admitted to me that she has dropped it on occasion. I told her she couldn't use the phone till the case came in, glad I did.

But my friend who has an HTC, showed me a "ballistic case." We were at In n' Out burger and he basically tossed the phone at the wall from about 7' and it didn't do a thing to the phone. I wouldn't try that with my phone but that was pretty impressive. Now it does make the phone BULKY, but I think once the otter box's exterior skin falls apart, this may be her new case.

here is the website of the case if anyone is interested

http://www.goballisticcase.com/produ...hc-series-case
That case is interesting, Greg.
I thought "looks like an otterbox ripoff" and "geez, it looks even bulkier than my otterbox". Lisa wandered by and I showed her. She said "it looks a bit mannish."
I showed her because we were just in the kitchen minutes ago and I told her she needs to look at otterbox colors cause I ordered her an iphone 4 last night.
She wants to look at some different cases aside from the otterbox, as well. Not because she doesn't love the otterbox, but she just wanted to see what's new out there. I don't think Ballistic will get the nod.
After seeing the $29.99 pricetag compared to the $49.95 pricetag of the Defender, I can see where Ballistic could carve out a good audience. It appears to be the same thing at about half the price.
I wouldn't go with Ballistic, just because of brand loyalty. The Otterbox has saved my phones countless times and kept them in pristine condition for resale. If I got a Ballistic and broke my phone, I'd feel like an idiot, ya know?
What I'll say now, after looking them over, is "Had I never met Otterbox, I'd certainly have one".
I wish I could check one out and compare it to Otterbox, side by side, to see if the extra 20 bucks Otterbox charges is warranted.