Old 09-14-2011, 04:12 PM   #27
Fuzzy
True Derelict

First Name: Bruce
Trading: (0)
Army (Served With Honor)
Fuzzy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shuriken Cutter: First Impressions

Thanks for the review! I have the freebie from CI, looks identical to yours except mine is called a Fidello.

It appears to have the same six blades, too.

I have used it on a couple or three dozen cigars. Here is what I learned so far.

For big ring cigars say 55+, I push the cigar in to it stops.

For small ring cigars, I check the cap or make a guess and push the cigar but try to stop before it bottoms out. This kind of alleviates the need to put so much of the cigar in your mouth. This swag method also works on shaped cigars. After all, the reason to cut a cigar is to be able to draw it. Not much of a cut is needed to get through the cap.

This trying to guess how much to press the cigar into the cutter causes a learning curve that only takes a few tries to get a cut you like/want. All cutter types take a bit to learn except for (maybe) the Cuban Crafters Perfect Cut, which I don't own, yet.

As for the claims on the description, advertisement writing is a skill to get you to spend your money.

Except for the size, I like mine and use it on every cigar smoked when I'm home. The "capsule" is to much for me to carry in my pocket.

I keep a punch on my key chain and a Palio in my Jeep. Even have a V-cut that some times resides in my travel-dor.

No so sure I would have bought one at 20 bucks, but now I am happy with it.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote