View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 02:20 AM   #22
vinnydisilvio

Default Re: Shuriken Cutter: First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
hows it function on lanceros, pantelas, torpedos, figurados, nubs, etc (alright, you dont have to answer that last one )? just curious, i think i'd give it a try as well, but im hesitant. my boss tried it at ipcpr, said it was kinda awkward but an interesting idea

stearns
that's a great question. i haven't tried it on a shaped cigar yet but that's the next test. however, i've heard others who've used it on a torpedo say that it works, but again you have to put the cigar further in your mouth when drawing than you might be used to. that person said that with a torpedo they're not sure they're comfortable with it. i'll let you know as soon as i try it.

yeah, it is kinda awkward at first, as some new things are. i actually found a Xikar XI1 to be a little awkward the first time i used one. i'd say give it a shot if you get them at your shop (you said your boss was at ipcpr, i assumed that meant you worked at a B&M). i used it tonight for the 2nd time and i'm liking it even more now, but maybe that's just me.