View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #573
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Latest Pipe-Related Purchase Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
The Cricket is an interesting smoke, you either love it of hate - at least that's that way I see it.

I haven't had any in a while, but it was an interesting smoke. I was more into English blends when I got mine first tin. I had someone give me the rest of the tin because they didn't like the top note it was finished with. I smoked up the rest of that tin, and I've gone through another since then, but it has been a while, as I haven't been smoking either English blends or Aromatics lately.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
I like the cricket so far. I don't have enough experience to love it or hate it. It just IS for me currently. I see reviews that equate it to Hawaiian punch. I suppose some of the subtleties of pipe tobacco are lost on me. To date I've had: captain black about 10 years ago, pipe and cigars house burley cake and the cricket.

I loved the smell of the burley in the bag. In the pipe, not so much. I can't wait to try the Elizabethan

I'll probably post another query in the old farts thread soon. I'm still learning, but I can tell this is quite a different slope. No less steep, just different.

And also with you.