Thread: Our New Puppy.
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our New Puppy.

I finally found just the little guy I wanted, and he's close to home. Right now he's only 2 1/2 weeks old, an AKC blue-eyed blue Weimaraner pup.
He's Amish bred, and I think I'll call him Yoder.
Actually, I think we've settled on Bubs. Weeze said it and it kinda stuck. Every name that got thrown out started with B, and Bubs is a pretty cool name.

I sent the deposit, and we'll get him in about 5 weeks or so. I think they have to stay with their mom for what, 8 weeks? It'll be great timing to train him. The weather should be decent and it'll be a great time to work with the little spud.
It's been about 10 years since I've trained a dog, never trained one off the farm, so I'm going to have to do really think hard on how to give this dog a job. I've never had a dog that didn't work, so I don't know how to do that. I'll teach him to herd the kids and patrol the yard if nothing else.

Anyways, here's a couple pics.
The top two were taken 2 days ago. The 3rd pic is what he'll look like at 8 weeks or so.