View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #17
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Recommend work gloves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuceone View Post
The ones I have had the best luck with are the sold by Uline.com they are the polyurethane coated gloves. They are cheap enough that you can switch pairs every week. They last me a long time handling boxes.
Thanks, I'll check them out, but I think I'd rather spend a little more for something that will last longer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hold a second - not so fast to bypass this type of glove. I might be what you would call a closet glove fanatic. I have them costing from a few bucks to a hundred or so. I have gloves everywhere around the house, in my sheds and truck. Gloves to me are like any tool - the right glove for the right job. That being said - let's look at your requirements:

01. My job mainly consists of handling cardboard boxes and wooden pallets. . .
Check. The rubber/polyurethane gripping action on cardboard boxes will actually cause you to use less grip resulting in a more relaxed hand. Wooden pallets - excellent abrasion and splinter resistance.

02. need enough dexterity to write, peel shipping labels, operate control panels for machinery, etc.
Check. These gloves, correctly sized, are form fitting allowing you to perform the mentioned tasks with no problems.

03. need to survive getting wet.
Check. The body of the glove is knit with a rubber/poly covering. Water is not an issue. I actually wash mine. I have a ton of these gloves and when enough of them get dirty - I just collect them all and toss them in the washer/dryer. In addition - when they do get wet they still perform and don't become heavy.

As for the statement that was made that you could switch pairs every week, I think he was just alluding to the fact that they are extremely affordable. They actually are quite durable.
I buy these at various supply houses (not at Home Depot/Lowes etc). At work we do a ton a masonry and steel work (structural foundation repair company) and my guys all love them because they are lightweight and last. And believe me - nothing tears up gloves faster than masonry work.

Personally - these are my favorites:

DeWalt DPG70L-3PK Coated Gripper Gloves - about $12 bucks on Amazon.

Anyway - food for thought.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote