View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #2193
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhalbrooks View Post
So a question for you guys, I know your going to say get rid of the humidifier. But, have any of you guys had a crystal humidifier drip on cigars. Now here is the catch this humidifier has not been filled in a few weeks (not needed). My humi level is at 68%, my humidor is in a warmer room in my house. The temp of the room is around 80ish. The humidifier is was in the lid, sense this happened it has been moved. Non of my cigars where damp, just one cellophane wrapper was wet. What could this be. I am thinking think that the humidifier produced condensation. Which i did not know this could happen. I will change out to gel but i am just wondering what could have caused this.
Moisture of any kind dripping on your cigars is not a good thing. And, since cellophane is porous it will not protect your cigars in any way against water damage.

Further, switching over to gel will not solve the problem. If your humidifier is dripping then your humidor is likely too humid.

I would recommend beads (any beads) over a crystal humidifier or gel. Just my ...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote