View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #9
Mister Moo
I barely grok the obvious

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
Mister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The righteous E61

Quote:
Originally Posted by germantown rob View Post
I went through a pound in the first 2 days .
Har har har. I think I burned thru a pound with the Mazzer in about 45 minutes trying to figure out stepless grinding precision; another pound the next day trying to figure out a 58mm basket, tamp, etc. It was very distressing, my ineptitude. Fl'ink already knows his MDF and the 58mm basket. No way he'll squander his Black Cat on a new brewer.

That 110# delivery has me flummoxed.

WTH. I paid cash for my Oscar, a demo boxed and complete, in Bellingham, WA. A friend of the importer carried it over to my hotel with his van and I had to cart it up to my room. Next day I managed to get it (plus my luggage, samples, etc.) to SEA-TAC airport in the trunk of a cab, tied down with twine and a bungee. I cannot remember how I got it through SEATAC baggage check-in and back out to my car at Raleigh/RDU. I just remember it was big, heavy, unpleasant and insane to travel with. But the fact was I couldn't wait another five days for the UPS shipment. Who cares if the pallet weighs 65#? Leave it alongside the house and somebodys kids will make a treehouse out of it.

But! If the pallet really is that heavy then it has to be the most wonderful 48x40 4-way that ever was. Keep it for resale - gotta be worth at least $20.

I think my Reg Barber came on a pallet. It's heavy.