View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 10:37 AM   #14
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Opinions on wrapper impact..

IHMO, it depends on what cigar you're smoking as to what %age the wrapper dominates the flavor profile. Smoke a triple maduro, or a nice, thick corojo wrapper, and it's goito give up a good amount of the flavor.
80%? Yeah, I wouldn't say that.
But a good wrapper will put the flavor in the soup.
Mose said 30%, you heard 80%, I think Moses is closer.
But he's probably thinking cc's. NC's, in many cases, the wrapper really does drive the flavor profile.

It's probably because it doesn't take a whole lot of talent to take a very dominantly flavored wrapper and put it over some filler and binder and make a good cigar.
But that wrapper flavor will diminish over time, as with Fuente Hemingway's.
They are smooth and sweet with a very mild filler and binder. Let them sit a few years and it's like smoking an air biscuit.

So put your own number on that. Or on any cigar.
But it certainly isn't an "across the board" situation. Not by a longshot.
Enjoy what you smoke, my friend!!!