View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 06:49 AM   #955
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtofire14 View Post
The reason I ask is while reading up on packing pipes the majority have suggested lightly tamping the tobacco when you fill the bowl once, tamping it so it is half full, filling it to the top again, then tamping again. Is this considered the "correct" way? I will go back and read the thread in here about it as well. Rev, I was referring the this step in regards to packing with flake. Thanks for the help, by the way.
If you rub the flake out (what I do 95% of the time), you will have basically normal tobacco, so do it that way. If you fill with rolled up flake, I usually dribble some rubbed flake on the top to get an even burn and will lightly press that in.

Hope that helps.

I think one of the best things to do is find and experienced piper to sit with and watch, having him show you things, and then observe your technique. It lowers the learning curve drastically.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Todd