View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 10:48 AM   #945
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeWaterBeer View Post
Same here. It's tough to hear the stories of tobaccos past and how the current homage to the blend "just isn't the same". If anything, it's pushed me towards stocking more than I need for cellaring.
Three Nuns was very good, but it wasn't something that really "WOW"ed me personally. Do not get me wrong, I liked it, but some thought it was better. It never lived up to the hype (in my estimation). So, does the new stuff by MacBaren NOT have Perique in it? Hmmm, is that really Three Nuns then? I thought this was a recreation of the old recipe? If it is, how can you do that by removing a key ingredient? Granted, there was not as much Perique in it as I would have liked.

I would still love to try it, just to see how it compares to the old stuff. It does scare me that MacBaren is blending it though, for everything MacBaren does bites me like a rabid dog.

Yes, if you find something you really like, put some away. If nothing else, even if it stays in production till forever, aged tobaccos usually are even better.

By the way, sometimes memories are better than the reality ever was.

Peace of the Lord be with you.