View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
colinb913
Workin' at a Cigar Shop

First Name: Colin
Trading: (1)
Partagas
colinb913 is on a distinguished road
Default New Coolidor! Pictures, Questions..

I recently broke down, and bought a coolidor after trying to take on the devil site and keep it in order (which failed). The desktop is close to over flowing (which isn't shown in my most recent pictures), but with the coming shipments, it will be.

Any ways, here is how I have mine set up..

That cedar is on the door is getting replaced first thing monday morning.

Beads located on top.

This is only a 28 qt cooler. I have in it right now five sheets of cedar from cigar boxes, and four jars of Xikar 70% beads in a tupperware container.. Like this..

Now onto the questions, With the plastic drawers in it, and the maximum capacity that you can fathom, do you believe I went over kill on the beads? I have had them seasoning, no sticks, for a day, and I am already at 60%, was at 22% when I started. Do you think the beads will over humidify this size of cooler?

Is there a better way of holding the beads to that cigar box lid? I was a little leery of glue, I don't want a lingering scent from it in there.

Do you think I should put a Oust fan somewhere in a cooler this size to move the air, or should I not worry about it since it isn't too big?

Thank you guys so much! Any tips or tricks in the coolidor world would be much appreciated.