View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #8
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Help my Frigidaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTRazzer View Post
I pulled the trigger on a 34-bottle Frigidaire wine cooler. Now I need to decide how to make the best use of it. I'm a 1-2 cigar a week type and enjoy trying new things while keeping a few favorites on hand.. . .
As long as that's the thermoelectric model - shove your smokes in your humi/box with a few beads and go on about your day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasDen View Post
The cigars and the cedar will give off an aroma the cork will absorb. Short term I don't know, might be OK, but long term I would not consider it. The wine could get tainted.

Chas
Not to discount your theory - but - wines are commonly stored in musty dank moldy root cellars, basements, etc etc with no ill effects - so I doubt being stored with a little cedar is going to affect them. Most bottles now days have either a wax or foil seal over them. In addition I would have to guess that the out gassing/venting/evaporation of the wine would be more than enough to overcome any aroma absorption from cedar to cork.

Not directed at anybody - just a general observation - but I think sometimes we tend to over think, over analyze, over complicated this business of keeping cigars.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote