View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #6
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Thompson 7 Drawer Humidor

I have two of the Lucky 7's. One is CCs, one is NCs. They hold humidity ok. I use beads and drymist sticks, and they pretty much stay around 65%. But I do have to fill the Drymist sticks from time to time. FYI, the front is NOT glass, it's plexigalss (at least in my two. I think I would be well served to remove the plexiglass and seal it in place. However, since these are my Humis that I put my "soon-to-be-smoked cigars in, they get opened and closed on a semi-regular basis, and the need to touch-up the sticks and beads is probably due more to opening and closing a lot, verses humidity loss by the cabinet.

Don't expect to get the number of sticks advertised, unless you have a lot of PC size sticks! I easily get two layers of sticks in each drawer, but if you overload it, the humidity doesn't cover evenly. I actually use several sticks and/or small bead sticks (65%), spread between the drawers. The top drawer is half-height, and not really good for cigars. But I use it for my lighters and cutters.

If you have any specific questions, post them and I'll try to answer.

A pix of mine is here: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...postcount=3714