View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 06:38 PM   #37
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: so I recieved a couple of pm's

Quote:
Originally Posted by azherfer View Post
Not to threadjack, but if anyone is considering Gastric Bypass and has any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me and ask. I had this done and while I've been successful, there are things that they don't tell you that you need to consider or be aware of in your decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Any and all questions you have re: gastric bypass, let me know. I did the Roux-N-Y procedure. 280 lbs. lost later, I never once regret my decision. It was not without complications that I can let you know about but it was still worth it. Please contact me and I will GLADLY answer any questions you have.

Don - we meet when you were at Dave's (68trishield) home. Like the two posts above I also have had the bypass (mini incision open RYGBP) and am now 200lbs lighter - still have a few (30) pounds to go to hit my goal. I was 420 pounds when I started.

There are a lot of little things that they don't tell you - and some things that you just learn. But I also would be glad to discuss anything about the surgery and my experience. This can be a life changing surgery if you use it correctly because contrary to what most think - it's not a fix. It's simply a tool that you must use for the rest of your life.

And while our brothers in the posts above can tell you what to expect when things go well - I unfortunately can tell you what happens when things go wrong, bad wrong. Not to scare you - but you really have to know. I'm fine now but about a year behind in progress of what others of the same dates are doing.

Actually on reading up I see that Catfish had some complications. Even so as he states, like me - it was still worth it.

Anyway - PM me if you want and we can exchange emails, cell phone, etc etc. I also don't mind telling my story in this thread.

Good luck to you and God Bless.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote