ApexAZ
Wandering aimlessly

First Name: Brian
Trading: (10)
ApexAZ will become famous soon enoughApexAZ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tobacco shipment #1!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Sheepdog View Post
Ok. My morning pipe was 7Th Avenue Blonde by Drew Estates. The review site listed above says "Burley, Cavendish, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia" with a vanilla taste and nice aromatic room note.

I have never had any cigars from this company because they seemed kind of hippy to me. Sticks called "lizard tail" and "Clowns butt" and the like. (these are not actual names but you get the idea) They just never seemed like serious people to me.

So, I put this ribbon cut nice tin smelling blend in a new pipe. A cheaper pipe called Casillero. Its a smaller bowel bent stem.

The tobacco lit easily and smelled great - for about 1 minute. Then it went to bland. No vanilla in this mix I can find. Not in the tin smells and not when burning. It was a soft smoke with no bite for me.

What I did find was that it had little if any taste. It also burned so hot the New pipe had to be put down and out. It was burning me! I wondered if this was just the pipe so I reloaded in a 2007 Bosley thick walled rusticated poker. This bowl could hold a nuke!

The Bosley went hot and stayed so hot I almost had to quit it also after 5 minutes. The mix is not dry so I dont know why it went so hot. Will I smoke the rest of this 1.6 ounce tin? I dont know. maybe I will try to mix it with something. Will I buy any more of it? probably not. I read the review site above and dont get where they got what they said. That was not my experience. Shame too.
Bummer you didn't like the blend =( I haven't had any Drew Estate pipe tobacco. For some reason it hasn't interested me. It's something to do with the fact that they specialize in cigars, which somehow makes me feel like they wouldn't be as dedicated to pipe tobacco. Maybe I'm right after reading your experience!

Don't discount their cigars though. They make some pretty good cigars. You really should give one a try.
ApexAZ is offline   Reply With Quote