CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: My HCM beads just are not working anymore

The beads euqalize pretty quickly, with two caveats:
  1. Your humidor is already at or near the desired RH (e.g., your humidor has been seasoned)
  2. Your humidor seals well. If your humidor leaks there are no bead products that will keep a steady RH.
You can always check the RH of the beads by putting them in a Ziplock with a calibrated hygrometer. If you find that the RH of the beads is no longer where you want them, there are instructions to raise or lower the RH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0Odle View Post
Okay doki.. How long are we supposed to wait on these beads to equalize in humidor.. Its been sitting at 58-63% depending on temps.. i cant get the temps in my humi to go down either.. I opened the humidor for 10 seconds and the RH dropped to 58%. I just stuck my stock humidifier in the humidor along with 3 ounces of beads.. (25-50 count). I dont mind waiting but i just smoked one of my noir champagne cigars and bluckkk! it was so harsh, i might as well smoke the cigar with a lighter at the head the whole duration.

Where are the beads supposed to sit at in the humidor?
all the way on the bottom? off to the side? or on top of some cigars

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote