View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough
Default Oliveros XL For Men

Oliveros XL "For Men"

I have pledged to start reaching into the "random smokes" box a little more often to keep myself from getting into a cigar rut and to get myself out of my comfort zone a little.

Tonight I grabbed an Oliveros XL "For Men". This is a jawbreaker - 60 RG x5 3/4 inch. I believe this is the Double Maduro.

I have had some pretty poor experiences with the Oliveros I have had in the best but I will do my best going into this with an open mind. I am pairing this cigar with some scotch on the rocks and one may be one of the greatest cinematic master pieces of my generation, Freddie Got Fingered.

First Impressions - This is a nice looking cigar. The cap is just OK and the wrapper, while a bit rough, is well applied. The band says "XL For Men" but also boldly states "Habana, Cuba Cigar Company"...hmmm....

1st Third - Clipped it and lit up. Initial impressions are a bit of sweetness and mostly tobacco. The burn is a little wonky with the ash sort of splitting. I am not really getting the whole "bold" taste that is advertised with them. As a matter of fact I would characterize this as extremely mild. Things are not looking to good here...

2nd Third - This is getting a little worse, sort of leaving a bad taste in my mouth. It is starting to get downright bad. Sour and a little dirty tasting, I feel like I want to scrape my tounge with some sandpaper to get the taste out

Last Third - I can't believe I fought though this for so long. As if it was a sign all of a sudden the wrapper just started to unravel on me right at the band.

I quit.

Overall Impression -

Not a fan.

Last edited by AD720; 01-01-2009 at 05:55 PM. Reason: fixed the title
AD720 is offline   Reply With Quote