View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #1568
Veatorious
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
Veatorious will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak View Post
Anyone have a Tissot? Found a sharp all black one but wanted to see if anyone has any positives or negatives about the brand before I purchased. Thanks
I don't know if this response is past its expiration date or not, but figured I would provide my .2 cents.

Background- Tissot is part of the watch giant Swatch Group. Tissot, Certina, and Hamilton are all brands classified within their mid tear group of offerings. All of the noted brands are very well known across the mainstream watch world and have authorized dealers in almost every major city in the US. This is a bonus when it come to repairs/service. In addition all of the noted brands are respected.

But in all honesty, forget the brand on the dial and just ask yourself these question(s)- what movement do you prefer (auto or quartz). What case size fits your wrist best (38mm, 40mm, 42mm, or larger). What case styling fits your personality (dress or diver). Do you prefer a bracelet (medal), rubber, or a leather strap. And most importantly who is backing the watch when it comes to repairs or service. If this Tissot checks all your boxes so to speak then it's a winner, pull the damn trigger. At any rate If you have some other questions or want suggestions within the Tissot price point hit me up. There is a lot of killer micro brands out there with impressive offerings.
Veatorious is offline   Reply With Quote