Thread: Our New Puppy.
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #16
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our New Puppy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
Adorable! Did you meet the parents and get a feel for their disposition?
I talked to the owner at length about the parents. I'll meet them in a few weeks. I've got a lot of experience with the Amish, living with them for about 20 years. The temperament of their dogs is non-negotiable, so to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I am happy for you and Weeze, Scott.....love the Hell out of that little guy, OK?
That won't be a problem at all, my brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Don't envy you training that one. They are cute. They are loyal as all get out. But, I have found they are tough to train.
Hounds all have heads like bricks and come off real stupid. I think they play stupid just to be infuriating. Get them to lead well and show them their territory and they're ready for anything. That just takes a few weeks of every day, 2 or 3 times a day repetition, which is a lot when you get right down to it.
I find them super easy to house train compared to small breeds. Small dogs have those small brains. Once they get a mind, I've never had much luck changing it. I had to sell my last little dog because it was left in a crate with it's mother far too often. The people that bought it never house broke it, either. Gross.
I think I could break it now. I worked with that dog 24/7 for months, but a couple things never dawned on me.