View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 12:44 AM   #84
Miket156

Lightbulb Re: Rant: Cigar Bums

Back OT for another circumstance. A guy I know that belongs to the same private club I belong too is a cigar smoker. (There's only 4 or 5 of us that smoke cigars in this club) We were talking cigar shop at the bar one night and he told me that what I was smoking was too expensive for his "daily" smokes. He bought bundles from CI and they cost him about 2.50 each. I asked him if he would bring an extra one with him the following weekend when I would be there, I would like to try one to see if they would be a less expensive alternative to what I smoke. I told him that I WOULD pay him for it.

The next weekend he came in and had the extra cigar with him and gave it to me. I paid him for it on the spot. He tried to refuse the $$ but I know he's a retired person and can't afford to give cigars away. Anyway, I ASKED for it and I don't want a hand-out. I told him there was no way I would take it for FREE. So he graciously accepted. If I am asking someone for a cigar, I am going to pay for it or I won't ask.

I came equipped with my normal 3 cigar supply, my cutter, and 2 butane lighters as usual. I was not depending on him or anyone to supply me with smokes. I bring my own when I go to the club on weekends.

The cigars he buys weren't bad at all, for the price. I had never tried anything in bundle and I wanted to get a handle on this method of buying cigars. I'm still looking around for the right deal, I don't want to buy a bundle that is dried out and I don't want to smoke.

Cheers,

Mike