View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #22
Resipsa

Default Re: AeroPress AeroPass in Motion - Additions Welco

On it's way to our next contestant, DC 0308 0660 0000 6098 0095

Housekeeping stuff first.

My takes were nothing.

I added a handful of NC's to the baggies, and a couple of CC's for our pass leader.

I didn't like the fact that the Cubans were in a cigar box unhumidified, I removed them all (including the two unbanded ones), placed them in 5 finger baggies, put them back in the ziplock and added a water pillow for humdification.

The NC's, I just added my cigars, left them in the zip lock with their humi stick.

The Aeropress:

Well, I tried it with several types of beans, some espresso blends(Malabar Gold, Moka Kadir (sweet marias) and one of my own blends.

Thoughts?: In a pinch, not bad. Lets face it, I 'm spoiled with my gear so I can't say "Wow, it rocks me!"

Espresso it ain't. Good coffee, you betcha.

I also tried it with a plain old SO Yellow Bourbon bean done up to a City Plus roast. Very good cup of Joe it made. Better than my French Press? Different, each good in their own way.

Would I buy one? Probably not. Most of my coffee drinking these days is made with my Anita, that which isn't is done in the French Press. I think the press is a little more straightforward and quicker to use, so the Aeropress aint' gonna replace that.

In my new job I don't travel anymore, so taking it on the road is not even a consideration. If I were still traveling it might be an option, so if jobs change again I'll rethunk it.