View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #24
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Blind ten spot review Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Cigar #2

Construction: 5.5x50 torpedo, dark brown wrapper
The wrapper cracked when I cut it.

Pre-Light Draw: cedar and slight coffee flavors, smooth draw

1st Third: Very pleasant aroma upon lighting. Coffee and chocolate flavors prevalent. A bit of spice and citrus are detectable through the nose. Citrus is becoming more prevalent. I'm detecting a slight bubblegum flavor (bubblegum flavor like the old sticks of gum that used to come in packs of baseball card packs, the kind with the heavy powder/chalk that prevents the gum from sticking to the cards).

2nd Third: spice through the nose is stronger, the strength of this cigar is also increasing. Much more full-bodied. The second third is dominated by strong coffee flavors.

Final Third: The cracked wrapper at the end is becoming a problem; the wrapper is starting to unravel as a result. Starting to become harsh. Coffee is still strong (black coffee).

Final Thoughts: This cigar was very enjoyable until the last inch and a half. The first third was very complex, then became pretty one-dimensional. Would I smoke this cigar again? YES
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEE View Post
EEE #2
Smoked in car driving from NYC to Philly. Yes I travel a lot... And typing reviews on my blackberry is interesting sometimes.
Pre-light draw: without doubt I get a very strong cooking chocolate flavor. Very interesting.

First third: draw is perfect. Ash is straight as an arrow and I get a bit gunshy in the car with ash falling. So I ashed it but with difficulty as it held on tight. Flavor of cooking chocolate still there but am nowetting that earthy taste we are all familiar with.

Second third: draw and ash stay same. Perfect. A very odd thing happened in this part of the cigar. I start getting a tangy metallic taste. It isn't bad but something I've never tasted in a cigar before.

Last third: metallic isone and is now taken over with a faint sweetness that is more like fruit sugars than "sweet". Draw and ash continue to impress.

This was the strangest cigar profile I've ever smoked. Because of that I would be interested in trying more. Overall construction was absolutely perfect.
I put the right reviews together for you, Eric.

I think the fruit sugar you detected is the bubblegum and citrus flavors I detected. They sound similar enough. Nice review.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote