Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Draw Tools Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
Don't know what is the "right" way necessarily...

However, while holding the cigar gently, but firmly, I put the Henry's down the center of the clipped head. I slowly work it down the length of the cigar until I feel it "free up" a bit - getting past whatever plug may have been causing the resistance.

Used that technique twice this weekend and saved a nice cc and a quality nc. Hope it helps...

If the cigar is long enough to be gripped, I find that holding it in a fist will provide you better accuracy and prevent you from poking through the side because youre cautious not to poke your hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmp View Post
When I get a cigar that doesn't draw I usually just toss it. It sucks because I'm had many good cubans ruined because of tough draws. But realistically after trying different tricks for years with varying degrees of success I find that I just enjoy the experience so much less when I have to work toward getting it to smoke.
I used to pitch them too, but the other night I was so frustrated I went and took a metal coat hanger, clipped with a pair of pliers just above one of the bends, and then at an angle in the middle of the straight portion... voilą, instant draw tool. Clipping at an angle gives you a sharp point, and will cut through the plug, instead of pushing through it... then give it a little twist just to give you that much more space.

You might need to do it more than once.

Anyway, it saved the stick I was smoking.

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote