View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Toscano Garibaldi

A friend went on vacation to Italy and brought me some Italian cigars as a "thank you for taking care of my pets" as I fed his cats during his trip. I don't know if they are longfillers or shortfillers and I can't find a lot of information about these cigars online, except on Italian websites but that's a language I don't speak. These are probably one of the weirdest cigars I have in my collection.

The legend goes that Garibaldi, an Italian military and political figure, was a vivid cigar smoker and was famous for cutting his cigars in two, so he could share them with friends. Toscani now makes cigars that are meant to be cut in two in the middle so you can share it with a friend. They also sell 'half packs' with cigars that are already cut in two.

The cigar is 6 inch long with a 32 ring, so you smoke 3 inch of it per smoke. It looks awful, the wrapper is full of spots and uneven, the cigar isn't straight and the cigar doesn't have a cap.

The first flavor is an espresso like coffee flavor, quite strong and after a quarter of an inch it becomes a bit spicy. The strength gets less strong pretty quickly until it is a medium strength flavor.

I smoked about 30 minutes on half of this cigar, which is longer than I expected. The draw and burn are good, and the firm as is quite dark. I got plenty of smoke from this medium flavored and mild to medium bodied cigar.

Would I buy this cigar again? No

Appearance: 5 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 6 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10

Last edited by Don Fernando; 05-05-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote