View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 08:50 AM   #8
dave73
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
dave73 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Please help me identiy an inherited Dupont lighter

ok guys I have an update: i went to a local tobacco specialty store which is an authorized Dupont dealer, and the lady examined the lighter and said it was definitely a genuine one. I also bought a golden coloured refill capsule and had it refilled; it filled, but reaaaal slow according to the lady. It probably took about 15 minutes and not all the gas entered the lighter in the first try. After taking out the half empty gas canister (which made a terrible sissing noise) she screwed it in again and finally it all drained into the lighter.

At first it didn't seem to light, but now it does, and the flame adjuster wheel works, but is very loose (while the flint wheel is very stiff). Anyways, it seems to work just fine now. Maybe i'll have it reserviced in the future, but for now i'll wait at least a week to see if the gasoline hasn't leaked out (fingers crossed it doesn't leak )

Does anyone know if the lighter will hold the gasoline almost indefinetely just like a Bic lighter, or is it more like a Zippo and will it be gone in a short time anyway?

Thanks
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote