Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Charcoal Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Ths thread was made for jackin. I like the value of the Piggly Wiggly store brand in lump. "Best Choice",
there's a good chance the middle of the country is exposed to that charcoal. It is Royal Oak charcoal lump
bagged as Best Choice in a red bag. I think the standard briquet bag size is 3.99. Not seemingly as cheap
as a Kingsford big box deal, but GOOD lump coal at a good price. I swear 2/3 of the bag is large and medum
pieces, and a third small chunks. No hardwood flooring and burns great. Not that hardwood flooring scrap
doesn't burn just as hot and last as long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodeeni View Post
Now Brad,

If we could only find a damn piggly wiggly around here to shop at!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
It really is a matter of what stores you have that MIGHT be served by Associated Wholesale Grocers. They distribute the goods. I am sure you are familiar with Winn Dixie's Thrifty Maid....same deal. Not the same charcoal, but who knows...maybe. I am guessing your store brand distributor is in Birmingham or hell, maybe even atl. They have everything else. But I guess I am just lucky. Associated Grocers seems to start at Nashville and work west. Sorry.
I am guessing KROGER brand would do you right.

While I am fully aware that I'm responding to 3+ month old posts here...

Excel, while I've never seen "Best Choice" brand out here, if it is in fact "Royal Oak" as Brad says it is (I have no reason to doubt him, I'm saying I've never researched it myself since you typically can't buy it here) you should be able to find Royal Oak at Wal-Mart.

One thing to watch for when you buy Royal Oak, and that is that you have to check the country of manufacture on the bags. It's made in 4 different countries now, and supposedly, according to NakedWhiz some of the foreign stuff is crap. I've only used the USA manufactured and have no complaints for the price. Unlike a lot of other lump in that price class, RO isn't made from kiln dried scrap trimmings (ie: fast burning and flavorless).
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote