View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 03:36 AM   #1
kzm007

Default Keurig Mini - expired K-Cups/DIY K-cup questions

I bought a Keurig Mini near the end of last year for college, and never had a change to use it - one thing came up, and then another, and it came home untouched, only opened for inspection.

Looking for beef jerky online, led me to looking at tea from the same site, and I remembered the machine. Looking on here then brought me to the three or so threads that mention the Keurig, all favorable. This bodes well for me.

I plan to use the included K-Cups come the end of August at the start of next term - try to get into a decent schedule for once. but a few of the cups are already expired, and my green tea cup has lost a little of it's foil curve on the lid (not really a loss, but whatever).

Since I know I paid for these 'free' cups in my order, I don't want to waste them, but I do want to know if it's actually safe to drink them?

I realize my coffee may be 'stale, etc.' but I figure a few cups of bad coffee won't kill me. Is the same true for tea/cocoa?

Also, I've seen those 'make-your-own K-cups' for sale, could someone point me to a reliable site for ordering one please?

Thanks for hearing out the early morning ramblings of the sleep-deprived -

Kegan