View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #11
Mister Moo
I barely grok the obvious

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
Mister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Once Great Pipe Tool Replaced with Junk at JR Cigar

Quote:
Originally Posted by physiognomy View Post
the tamper is hinged, so you can easily adjust its angle.
My wrists are hinged. I can use any tamper with total comfort and precision. Own up to your limits and have the surgery. Do both arms, too, not just the one.

Unlike Curly Cut I LOVE the Czech multi tool. First - they are like an old reliable friend, always shiny, always there and (up til now) always unchanging (at JR's). Second - they were so cheap I never thought twice about buying a bunch for handouts, or losing them or using them to improperly force something ("Don't do that, son.") enough that it might damage the tool itself. Third - they enhance my wardrobe; the Czech tamper always lifts out a few embers that, sooner or later, fall on my shirts, jackets or trousers and as everything gradually turns to lace, Mrs. Moo takes me out for new shirts, etc.

I especially like that third aspect of the Czech multi tool. I suggest to Mrs. Moo that perhaps we should go to JR's to replace those see-thru shirts and jeans cause they're on sale over there and (bingo!) so's that wine you like. So I get a new cowboy shirt, a few more bandanas, she gets wine and then I go to the humidor and buy more Czech multi tools and a few more tins of Rattrays or Escudo. It was even more fun before Dunhill crapped out.

It is also the last one I reach for - they are the spares that hang in glove compartments, in the pipe bag pocket and in the backs of man-drawers behind spent brass casings, battered compass, pencils and expired drivers licenses.

I actually prefer the fake cheap multi tool though. They lift out even more embers to burn my shirts insuring more trips to JR's and more new cowboy shirts.