Old 04-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
CoreyD
Licking my wounds

First Name: Corey
Trading: (23)
LGC
CoreyD has a spectacular aura aboutCoreyD has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Coffee for idiots.

By know means am I an expert but I like to dabble in coffee.
1. I have 4 ways I make my coffee.
A. chemex- Supposedly helps you get that perfect unbitter cup spends less time saturating beans.
B. Percolator<When Camping>- I also hum the song sometime.
C. Bunn- Great since there's always boiled water in the reservoir so a pot takes really low time and pours out quick so has less time to pick up the crap of the bean
D- I also have a cheapo espresso/cappuccino machine I sometimes play with.But its cup by cup
And I like them all. To me it all depends of quality of beans ,grind and sometimes if pallets good water.

2. Strong coffee can be very vague of a question. whats strong to me may be weak to you. Strong as in dark roast or as in taste or caffeine. With that being said. I have rarely found a green bean that I roasted that I didn't like in some kind of a roast or mix. My flavors vary sometimes and I like to mix it up. I'm a good sucker for Indonesian or PNG and Africans. Them are good dark coffees to me and even the light roasts have a decent body. Now I also enjoy some central and south American beans as well. some as medium to keep the complexity and some as dark to bring out other profiles.
I read a lot of reviews and tried lots of coffees.
3. Yes True Cuban picked ,shipped coffee I believe is still a part of the embargo. However some places capture the profile with a mix that they call Cuban. I have also read somewhere that Cuban coffee sometimes has other countries mixes in it but I have yet to try some that came directly from Cuba to know the difference between the Arabic.