View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 03:34 PM   #9
WaRevo
Still Watching My Back

First Name: James
Trading: (2)
WaRevo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Your Meerschaum

For me it is hard to say what is a good Brand. What is a good Meerschaum? That is a question that is easier to answer. In all Meerschaum pipes there are Block and Non block. When I look for a meerschaum pipe I only care that it is a Full Block. There is a website that I feel is good and offer one of the best replacement if needed. Also they sale what the pipe is on the site. Meaning what you see is what you get. Also best Meer come from the Depths in Turkey, They go down like you would under the sea with some type of Air help. Then mine the meer of best quality Then the carvers carve the pipe most times with knife little to no machines are used. They Wax them and can even wax them with colors to aid in the color of your pipe from the start. I like to color mine with smoking... In most cases the stems are the stems you will get. So find one you like with the stem you like because in most cases it is only option. Hope this helps some

James

PS. Also for name brands. there are the CAO, Dunhills, Petersen's and Paykoc to name a few that have Block Meer pipes
WaRevo is offline   Reply With Quote