Fat Bastard

First Name: Michael
Trading: (8)
SP
Alpedhuez55 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boswell's Ordering Idea/Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzm007 View Post
But yes, an online store seems like it would be easier. I understand the Boswell's might be a 'traditional' B & M, but I was still surprised they didn't have one, or even a shopping cart of sorts.
I have been to Boswell's a couple of times. It is a three person operation. He could sell a lot more pipes online but it would probably mean hiring another person or not spending any time with their customers. For a small store...shopping carts can be a problem. If someone puts in an order for something online and they run out of it...you may see that person going on all the message boards trashing them for not having it in stock. It could work OK for their own tobacco blends where they have control over inventory...but the pipes are mostly one of a kind and inventory would be tough for them.

I shop at a couple of stores in New England that have websites...but no shopping carts. They both have my address and credit card number on file. When I want something, it is a simple phone call lasting about 2-3 minutes. Boswell uses the same type of system. It is very convenient.

And for someone who wants to have them receive orders by text message...shouldn't you at least place your orders by Debit Card? You are like the Cyber version of that little old lady who pays for a quart of milk at the express lane with a personal check.
Alpedhuez55 is offline   Reply With Quote