Thread: Yoga?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #10
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Yoga?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I have heard good things, I think Moses may dabble. The stretching aspect of it would be both would I would love and what I would loathe. I am just going to stick to my current stretching regimen, it is painful enough, Devan.
Yes, I have been in and out of Yoga for 15 years. I don't do much after I herniated a disk in my back (not from Yoga). A friend of mine owns the largest studio in the Boston area.

Yoga is a great exercise, helps build usable strength and flexibility. "You are as old as your spine is flexible" the saying goes. Tons of hot chicks in the classes and if you do one class a week for 10 weeks, you'll be transformed feeling or a cigar is on me...

All that being said, it is very easy to injure yourself in Yoga, especially in a heated room. Do not try to "compete" and don't try to be a hero. Take small progressive steps forward over time and there is no "goal" or end point; like golf. You just keep moving forward for ever.

With all that intro, I much prefer mat Pilates which does many of the same poses.

Keep up your practice! Namaste