View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #214
thebayratt
Still Watching My Ash

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (11)
RA
thebayratt will become famous soon enoughthebayratt will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Let's see those '11 gardens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
Still no rain, not a drop, not even a cloud hinting of rain. It's been 7 weeks since we last got rain and that was 0.25 inches. Strangely eerie in the neighborhood, hardly any lawnmowers on the weekend. All the grass is brown in non-watered areas. The grass boarding the highways is dead. It's the saddest I can ever remember. Just to save my grass investment, I've been watering with a manually sprinkler twice a week and I've cut my grass once in 2 months. It's crazy.

The squash are all done. The vine borers finally got them. I'd had my share of squash anyway. Still lots left in the frig. Starting to get tomatoes and cukes. Peppers aren't far behind. I've got some GIANT jalapenos maturing. I'll take a shot of the first I pick. It's gonna be a burner!

Nice looking beans, Hugh. Soy?
Its about the same here too.
We just had a few thunder clouds come through and it only drizzled for less than 5 minutes.... I have my garden on a 20min daily timer in the afternoon and the green beans are withering away due to the heat. There is a big Pecan tree shading them some, but not enough. The Cucumbers have died off or something got ahold of them, all but one is dead. May replant.
All of the soybeans are done, got all i needed. Planted some lima beans I had left over to see if they would come up; some are. A few of the dead green bean plants i pulled up and replanted more. The seedlings are about 6" tall in a few weeks.
Its going to be a hott summer down here!!
thebayratt is offline   Reply With Quote