Thread: iPad 2
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #16
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iPad 2

EJ, maybe hold off the purchase until right before vacation? Then if you have to get an iPad 2 you can always return it if the 3 is a big difference to you.
I already have an ipad so it's an easy call. If Michelle wants this for vacation, just go get it. You'll be giving up a higher resolution screen on a device that's already awesome, and some processing power. I'm guessing the 3 will have Siri as well, since it'll be outfitted with the processor to handle it.
If those things matter, wait as long as you can. Or let Michelle know and let her decide.
There's really no learning curve, and if she's ever used an i-anything she can jump right in and go.

Usually they announce one day and start shipping within the week, taking orders a couple hours after the announcement. I can't guess on when it'll ship, but I'm thinking I'll have one in my grubby little hands by mid-March. If it was a month from today I'd think that was long.

I'll definately order mine online. No 3G. I have no use for it, and I can always tether to Lisa's phone if I ever needed to. Which I never have.