View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
Curly Cut
Not Scary

Trading: (9)
Curly Cut is on a distinguished road
Default Re: McClelland #5100

i've been smoking this fairly often lately. i put some in a small container to take to local herfs with me, and it's handy to pack and go with.

flavors were never very rough, but it's continued to smooth out over the years (i think i've had this sample a good 2+ years now - said it was a large sample).
i'm actually trying to "smoke the ghost out" of an old Latakia pipe. i've tried to clean that beast many times, and it just won't come out.... read some old timers would just smoke it out. this is what i'm using on it.

so, about 3/4 of the pipe tastes like it should, only the last portion gets any ghosting now, which is good, as i hate Latakia now.

this blends still seems to want to fight the flame... i'm quite sick of McClellands products, actually. they just don't want to burn, even if dry as can be, they don't want to stay lit, even in the best of smoking pipes.
it's improved in this category enough to not piss me off anymore, but i shouldn't have to re-light it as often as i do when i smoke it.

flavor is still that tangy-sweetness with a vinegar backdrop.