View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
WaxingMoon
Humidor Builder

First Name: Ed
Trading: (3)
Army (Served With Honor)
WaxingMoon will become famous soon enoughWaxingMoon will become famous soon enough
Default Diamonds are Forever

It's been a good couple of days.....

Started yesterday with a bunch of boards... and finished up like this.... Here's the woods.... Top left to bottom right...

Top Row: Bubinga & Wenge / Figured Birch & Bloodwood
2nd Row: Walnut / Northern Cherry & Southern Cherry / Figured Birch & Bloodwood
3rd Row: Butternut & Walnut / Walnut & Zebrawood / Figured Birch & Leopardwood
4th Row: Walnut / Butternut & Walnut / Figured Birch & Sapele / Male & Cherry

Today, the task at hand was diamonds out of 1/4" stock.... which started out as 4/4 stock.... so, needless to say, a lot of milling....

Got the first row glued up on seven of 'em... only six in this picture.... but, I got individual pics following...

The lid panels below will all go in to a box with the corresponding wood (at least two species) above.... I did keep up with which scrap was milled down from which box to try to keep it all consistent. The third species to creat the effect, well... that was mostly scrap that I had and boy, what a great way to use it!!!

I should have listened to my girlfriend a long, long time ago (on so many levels)..... this was her idea and there in, lies the confidence.

First up....

Cherry, Maple & Walnut - goes with the large Maple & Cherry box above in row 4....

Next up..... Figured Birch, Bloodwood & Pink Ivory..... going with the Figured Birch & Bloodwood box in row 2 above. The other Figured Birch & Bloodwood box in row 1 is going to be a keepsake box and will get a totally different treatment.