View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 06:51 AM   #9
Mister Moo
I barely grok the obvious

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
Mister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: So what is it about Stonehaven.....

Tastes and opinions about our hobby and its tools vary widely. There are tens-of-thousands who believe that Captain Black Gold is the ultimate expression of pipe tobacco and that pa-paws stinky, battered Grabow is the finest pipe on the rack. Who am I to say they otherwise? Can't know a warrior until you've hunted a day in his moccasins.

I think Stonehaven is one of the finest blends on the planet and I could get all misty eyed writing about its virtues and pondering even the possibility of its demise. Fortunately (for me) I am one of the problems about Stonehaven availability; the cellar is 10-years ahead. What I smoke in Stonehaven ranges from divine (1-2 years) to sublime (6 years plus). It doesn't much remind me of burley and, outside of Dunhill Royal Yacht (another blend not everyones favorite), it is one of the few pungent-to-aromatic blends that makes the colors in my smoking palette complete.

So, what is it about Stonehaven? It is what you find in your own pipe.