View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
boom
Central Cali Cigar Crew

First Name: Troy
Trading: (107)
HdM
boom will become famous soon enoughboom will become famous soon enough
Default Macanudo Crystal Cafe...aged 13yrs....

Be easy on me, my 1st review... It has a meaning to it as well...

Lat last night review view my cell phone....

A little history on this cigar... I gave these out 13yrs ago 5-10-97 to all the groomsmen in my wedding. My dad held on to this one, and I had no idea... He passed 2 yrs ago.. When my mom told me about this cigar in the fridge....i put it in my hummi immediately...i let this rest in the hummi for a little over 2 yrs now....no cracks very veiny and smooth at the same time. I started smoking cigars about 15 or so years ago and guess what my go to was...yep..macs.... I am looking forward to this smoke...my taste has changed a ot... This will be by far the oldest cigar I have had to smoke...

feel ...smooth & veiny very fragrant...wonder if being in the tubo help slow the cryogenic aging...feels on the dry side....

beverage to go with this a glass of glenfidich 18yr...

cut was quick...dry side....pre light draw is effort less..

toasted with my Prometheus dual flame Churchill lighter....man I never toasted a stick this quick b4...

1st third....
very smooth light spice...forgot how good these were...last one I had was about 10yrs ago..burning very smooth and even....lite spice...kinda a good change from all the pepins I smoke.... Good combo with the scotch...

2nd third...
lost the ash....
i was worried about it getting hot...not here..., im surprised...its a bit breezy this evening also. Spice has mellowed to a warm wood tone..nice and mellow....
still burning fairly even...
starting to turn a little bitter...
nutty aroma.
am I expecting too much from this...

final 3rd.....
not at all what I was hoping for. I think this stick is way passed its prime.... I would not want to smoke these regularly.....glad the scotch was close by ... Still this will be a very memorable smoke.... Got a little bit more hit of bitterness...probably due to the lack of oils...but none the less a great smoke for a grand occasion.....thanks dad for setting this aside ...you would have thoroughly enjoyed this...i know i can share the great aroma...

All in all...a great cigar to celebrate my 13yr wedding annv... Could not have picked a better one to smoke...all the next years to come will never compare to this one.... The wonderful memories of a new beginning, love of family. Without you dad this would not have been possible.... I am glad I got to enjoy this.... Thank you

love ya dad....

13yr old cigar thanks to my dad...
boom is offline   Reply With Quote