View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 02:12 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Blind Review Cigar #3

Reveal and my review:

Santiago Cabana Robusto
Island Smoke Shop
5x50
(purchased 6/17)

1) Aesthetics: An elegant band with gold script on a burgundy background embraces this robusto. It is a nice example of the torcedor’s art, with a slightly oily Connecticut wrapper,

2) Pre-light Construction: A firmly rolled, solid stick that allows a decent draw.

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: Remaining firm throughout, it gave off lots of medium-bodied smoke.

4a) Flavor and strength: This is a milder cigar, with nice flavors of nuts and nutmeg. One sample had a slight metallic tang that came and fled ephemerally.

5) Aftertaste/Finish: A medium finish fades quickly.

6) Aroma: Here I found hints of nuts.

7) General Comments: Another cigar that I first tried in the mid-1990s. It was a wonderful smoke then, creamy and nutty. This is not the same as that wonderful smoke from my memory. It is a nice cigar in its own right, but the memory is better than the new reality, this present incarnation. It isn’t a bad cigar for all that.

8) Recommendation: Pick up a few to try.