View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #25
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Good Starter Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSK View Post
Hello everybody!

I've been playing with an idea of buying a pipe for a while... a week or so ago my roommate showed up home with a pipe in his mouth, which made me finally decide -- I want one myself!

I'm a broke college student so obviously, I would prefer something cheap... but I also don't want to end up buying garbage. So I wanted to ask you for an advice -- what would you recommend me? I'm looking for a piece with a curved shank & smooth surface on the outside...

So far I really like this set: http://pipesandcigars.com/docgifpac.html

What do you think about this set? Is there something better you can think of? Are these sets overpriced and would I be better off buying a pice separately?

Thanks guys (and ladies, in case there are any )
Peter
Welcome. You should post an introduction of yourself in the New Inmate Forum so the rest of us can properly welcome you!

As for what pipe you should buy, check out the sticky threads in the pipe section. The package you linked to is a pretty good deal, but I must add that there is no guarantee that your pipe will be smooth, and the "premium tobacco" they are selling you is Gas Station pipe tobacco. Not that it is bad, but it can turn people off from pipe smoking. Just be aware that if those tobaccos do not "float your boat", there is TONS of other tobaccos that will. Don't give up!