View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 09:22 AM   #23
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Freezing Cigars For Beetles? What do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
If it doesn't hurt anything, why take the chance? Unless of course you need all that room in the freezer for your gummy bear & bacon macchiato ice cream.
I could say, "if it isn't necessary, why waste the time?". But if it gives people peace of mind, then I say go for it.

No gummy bear ice cream in my freezer, just some Jeffrey Dahmer frozen dinners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill View Post
I'm with the Admiral on this one. Most of what I buy is also Cuban, but I don't think any major manufacturer today lets stuff out of their warehouse without taking some preventive steps. And it's been quite a while since I've heard first hand of anyone having a beetle problem. I think it happened more in the past, though that's not to say it still can't happen.

I've purchased and smoked thousands of cigars and have yet to have a problem. Maybe I was born under a lucky star. Or maybe I don't freeze 'em because every time my wife sees an empty spot in the freezer she stuffs something into it and I couldn't fit a cigar in anyway. And we can't leave conservation of energy (aka laziness) out of the equation.

Also, like many here I have a temperature controlled cabinet that keeps them as cool as I want/need. So I invest my time worrying about important stuff, like alien invasions or how the Knights are doing in the playoffs.
Pretty damn good last night, Bill.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote