Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation
Default Re: LOST Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by drevim View Post
It was explained that Michael was one of the "whisper people" left on the island for eternity. Walt, uh, he just got too old to be cute anymore, and was written off the show, I got nothing for him.

This is one of the things that I found most interesting about the show. I started watching the 4th season, so I watched the first 3 seasons, back to back on DVD. It seemed to me that the writing completely shifted gears in the 3rd season, and the focus of the show changed. Maybe this was when they decided how the show would run to the end. We get 2 full seasons of the Others being this all important, badass group, then they get killed off and the focus shifts for the next 3+ seasons.
This was all discussed on Jimmy Kimmel's Aloha to Lost which I watched the next morning. Well at least the part about Michael and Walt.

As for the rest, I think the writers anticipated on there being 1 more season in there, then ABC not only cut the seasons short(16-18 episodes vs 24), but also cut off 1-2 seasons. Not to mention the writer's strike that existed in there. That would be like an artist going to lunch after working on a painting then a 1st grader comes in with finger paint.

Given the circumstances, I'm not dwelling too much on the middle plot.
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote