View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 02:47 PM   #3
WaRevo
Still Watching My Back

First Name: James
Trading: (2)
WaRevo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Smoke eater/filter

I know this is from earlier this year but I thought I would try and give my 2Cents...

First off. Ozone generator can and are dangerous to humans. People's susceptibility to ozone varies widely. An ozone generator should never be operated in occupied spaces, and the area should be adequately vented before people or animals are allowed to re-enter. Ozone generator can and are bad for Plants. Also bad for building materials. In fact it is said that with some carpets it can even make a toxin that can harm humans. Synthetic carpets and most homes now days have such carpets. Also bad for cushions, rubber padding.

There is a Proven smoke eater and even some clubs that have the huge units have moved down to something smaller easier to clean and still able to do what is needed for local rules with these. I don't own one as I am to poor LOL my friend on the other hand does and I have to say it is amazing how well his house smells. Entering his main house or the smoking room it all smells the same. Only thing I can think is that seeing his house is under 3000sqf it is doing it all from 1 machine His little machine is only 12x12x9 and sit just by the door to his Den/man cave if you will.... This door is always open there besides if there are people over playing cards and loads of smoking is going on then he will close the door to try and keep all smoke to the one room.

https://aircleaners.com/product-cate...air-purifiers/
the AP-3000 is the one he has. When I can aford it I will also own one and replace my 2 Oreck Pro Air Purifiers. They work well but only well enough for my 1 room.

I looked at the Rockymountainairpirifier and see they have the O3 system that is part for me that I would be worried about adding to my home. an O3 system create a single oxygen atoms and then attaches it to the O2 to form an O3 layer. However that is on a true O3 from looking at the machine they offer it looks like it is a different format ultraviolet radiation. This process is similar to the formation of ozone in the upper atmosphere, where the sun’s ultraviolet radiation causes O2 to split into individual oxygen atoms. This method is generally regarded as less efficient. For me when something talks about messing with my Ozone I will keep it as it was intended. Also in closing. there are some companies that have EPA numbers on their machines. this number is made so the EPA can know where the machine was made from not that the EPA is certifying this machine as the EPA right now don't certify any air cleaning device.

This is not information for any other reason then to help with Information on what may help keep your air clean in your home. I don't get paid for posting this information and have not been asked by anyone to offer this opinion. I am not a Pro Air Quality person nor do I work for such a company.

James
WaRevo is offline   Reply With Quote